We'll count to

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Crush Me Harder.

But then, as his eyes dissected my expression, his smile faded and his forehead creased.
"You're still waiting for the running and screaming, aren't you?" I guessed.
A faint smile touched his lips, and he nodded.
"I hate to burst your bubble, but you're really not as scary as you think you are, actually," I lied casually.
He stopped, raising his eyebrows in blatant disbelief. Then he flashed a wide, wicked smile.
"You really shouldn't have said that," he chuckled.
He growled, a low sound in the back of his throat; his lips curled back over his perfect teeth. His body shifted suddenly, half-crouched, tensed like a lion about to pounce.
I backed away from him, glaring.
"You wouldn't."
I didn't see him leap at me- it was much too fast. I only found myself in the airborne, and then we crashed onto the sofa, knocking it into the wall. All the while, his ams formed an iron cage of protection around me- I was barely jostled. But I was still gasping as I tried to right myself.
He wasn't having that. He curled me into a ball against his chest, holding me more securely than iron chains. I glared at him in alarm, but he seemed well in control his jaw relaxed as he grinned, his eyes bright only with humour.
"You were saying?" he growled playfully.
"That you are a very, very terrifying monster," I said, my sarcasm marred a bit by my breathless voice.
"Much better", he approved.
"Um." I struggled. "Can I get up now?"
He just laughed.

___________________________________________________________________

I posted this post because I LOVE this part of the story alot.
And I'm too lazy to flip the few hundred pages of the book, just to find one particular page.
Ahahh (:
I like it when Edward Cullen growls.